If you’re visiting Grand Sierra Resort for Thanksgiving, get ready for a holiday you’ll be thankful for! We’ve got turkeys on tap, potatoes being mashed, countless pies to conquer your cravings, and too many fun activities to count. Join us as we cook, carve, and celebrate this upcoming Thursday.
Wobble Before You Gobble
Before the festivities begin, kick off your Thanksgiving morning with a 5K/10K, family friendly race – you’ll feel less guilty taking that second slice of pecan pie, trust us ☺️. Runners, walkers, kids, and wobblers can taxi to City Plaza or take the RTC bus route 12 from Grand Sierra Resort. The race begins at 9AM and takes participants down the Reno river path through Idlewild Park before heading back to the finish line. And don’t forget your swag! All wobblers receive a grab bag including a finisher's medal, "Wobble Gobble" trucker hat, Nature's Bakery fig bars, and free downloadable race photos! Registration fees start at $35.
Pumpkin Pie Giveaway
In the spirit of the holiday season, and to show just how grateful we are for our Club Grand members, we’re gifting our guest’s FREE pies to all qualified members. And claiming your pie is easy! Swipe your card at a promotional kiosk on November 23rd between 1PM and 8PM and print your pie voucher. Don’t see yours available? Play for pie by earning 300 points using your Club Grand card beginning at 4:00am through 7:00pm on Wednesday, November 23rd. Enjoy!
Thanksgiving Eats & Treats
We get it. Besides being a day of gratitude, Thanksgiving is really about the food. And we have no shortage of it! Join us at one of our five restaurants to celebrate with menus filled with traditional Thanksgiving treats and new spins on holiday classics.
- Charlie Palmer Steak ft cornbread & sausage stuffing and apple crisp with cinnamon ice cream
- Briscola ft ricotta whipped potatoes, traditional turkey, and giblet gravy
- The Grand Buffet ft all you can eat seafood, smokehouse meats, and 20+ dessert options
- Cantina ft rabbit stuffed crispy tacos, turkey legs, and churros
- Grand Cafe ft Prime Rib, Dover Sole, and pumpkin pie.
Shop Til You Drop
You’re stuffed to the brim, you’ve slept like a baby inside one of our designer decorated rooms, and it dawns on you that it’s officially Black Friday and you have a whole lot of shopping to do. Beat the holiday hustle and shop local! Grand Sierra Resort offers a unique shopping experience featuring half a dozen stores catering to the sports fans, outdoorsmen, and fashionistas in your life.
- 2Bella – a California based women’s boutique
- Allure - Men’s on-trend fashion
- Fashion Ave – Contemporary fashion accessories at affordable prices
- Pro Image – Official pro sports merchandise
- Outdoor Sport – Seasonal outdoor and resort apparel
- And more…
The holidays can be stressful, we know, so we’ve come up with some Spa Specials to help you unwind before the season kicks into full speed. Here are just a few of our favorites!
- Gel Manicure
- Grand Sierra Custom Facial
- Spa Sampler Package (pick 3 of our most popular services for a customized spa experience)
A Night to Remember
For one night only, our Grand Theatre has the privilege of hosting an exclusive taping of “Love is Forever – Còn mãi trong tim”. Join us for a fun filled evening of laughter and romance as the popular Vietnamese entertainment show is filmed live in Reno, Nevada. Tickets are available for Saturday afternoon and Saturday night.