Reno is a winning combination when it comes to hosting your convention, trade show, or off-site retreat. A little pre-planning can make it even better.
Here are your trade show and conference planning essentials. When you’re ready to book, give us a call. The experienced, dedicated staff at Grand Sierra Resort are here to help every step of the way.
- Get a game plan. After planning your conference with a compelling educational design and relevant programming to address participant objectives and needs, start drilling down into details. Look at topics, speakers, and mediums of instruction. Unless you’re using high-profile speakers, wait to contact speakers until you have a confirmed date and venue.
- Make a connection. The next step for a great conference or trade show is finding the right venue. Even before you have a guest estimate, look for flexible meeting space with the capability to expand if necessary, the option to host guests on-site, and the ability to create break-out sessions. A property like GSR provides the option of hosting and housing any size crowd paired with a know-how professional team of experts ready to offer conference essentials advice and suggestions along the way.
- Unscripted fun. To get your conference tagged as an annual “repeat event” on everyone’s calendar, make your conference both relevant and enjoyable. Select a property with not only the facilities to support your professional experiences but also a venue which fosters a positive guest experience.
Excitement-generating on-site conveniences can make all the difference. GSR’s restaurants, lounges, spa services, swimming, golf, shopping, and entertainment give people a reason to stick around. Conferences are not just about formal sessions and planned events. Conference guests find great value in unplanned, authentic connections and opportunities to bond.
- Set the date. The right date and time of year goes far in determining turnout. Go beyond your company’s calendar and annual business patterns.
Check the calendars of guests and the community. Keep in mind holiday weekends and seasonal considerations, both national and local sporting events important to your demographic, and possible weather hazards for attendees. Consider the impact of flight and room availability due to local concerts, events, and festivals. If your convention draws an international crowd, pay special attention to their holidays and traditional vacation schedules as this might impact attendance.
- Coordinate efforts. Nail down details for the practical, logistical aspects of your conference. The benefit of working with GSR means all your essential conference or trade show planning starts with one call to Conference Services. This convenience makes it easier to stay within your budget, as we coordinate all aspects of your conference . Conference Services include facilities logistics, catering and banquet staff, accommodations, on-site technical and AV staff, and even recreation staff.
The team of professionals at GSR look forward to working with you to plan your conference in Reno. Please give us a call at 866-473-6672.