Roulette is a simple game of betting on whether your number will come up on the Roulette wheel. Betting is done by placing chips on a combination of numbers (or on the lines between numbers), on a color (black or red), on the area noted odd or even, or on zero or double zero.
The Roulette wheel is comprised of 38 numbers – 1 – 36 and 0, 00. The dealer is required to keep the wheel moving at all times, even between spins. Once all players have made their bets and it is time to spin the wheel, the dealer will spin the ball in the opposite direction the wheel is spinning. This causes the ball to jump and spin before falling into a numbered slot. Once a number has been chosen the dealer will place a marker on the table and remove all other chips. Once the dealer removes the marker you may place your next bet.
When you walk up to the table to play you will exchange your cash for chips. These are specific to the Roulette Table and have no value until you exchange them for chips. In order to avoid confusion between players and their bets each player receives different colored chips. The Roulette Table will have a minimum bet and you must make the minimum bet on both inside and outside bets.
Types of bets
- Inside Bets
- Straight Up – place your chips on a single number
- Split Bet – place your chips on two numbers by straddling the line between them
- Corner Bet or Quad Bet – place your chips on the corner of the four numbers you want to bet on
- Outside Bets
- Red, Black, Odd and Even – place your chips in the boxes with these labels
- Dozens Bet – place your chips in the boxes labeled 1-12, 13 - 24, or 25 - 36
- Column Bet – place your chips in one of the three vertical boxes at the bottom of the layout
If you want to learn more about the game of Roulette we encourage to come down to the casino floor and ask one of our dealers. They are trained to not only run the game, but to help our guests understand the game so that they can enjoy it.
- If the number you want is already covered with chips simply place your chips on top of the others; this is a primary reason that players have different colored chips.
- If you can’t reach a number you want to place your chips on don’t move from your spot or bend over to reach, simply place them on the table and ask the dealer to place them where you want them.
- You may continue to place bets even after the dealer has spun the ball on the Roulette table. The dealer will tell you when no more bets may be made by waving their hand over the table and saying, “No more bets.”
Qualifying Hand for Table Games Blowout
Any straight-up winning bet
There are people out there that may claim to have a “system” for playing Roulette. While many casino games are part strategy and part luck, there is no system out there that will increase your chances of winning at Roulette. Part of the excitement of Roulette is the anticipation of where the ball will land. So, cash your chips, pick your numbers, let the ball spin and have fun!